Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipe
Now that you've enjoyed your Fruit Water Infusions, what do you do with the leftover fruit?
If you aren't ready to enjoy a smoothie just after finishing your infusion, be sure to store the fruit in your freezer.
|PREP TIME:||5 MINS|
|COOK TIME:||2 MINS|
|TOTAL TIME:||7 MINS|
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Banana
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Ice
- 1 Cup Frozen Fruit
- Place the milk in the blender
- Add frozen fruit and yogurt
- Place on the lid and blend until smooth
- Add the ice into the blender; ½ cup at a time
- Serve immediately and enjoy
- Try mixing flavors. Try new fruits.
- Substitute water or another fruit juice for the OJ
- Consider adding a small amount of spinach
- Try adding a tablespoon of honey
- Add chia seeds or flax seed for even more nutrition
- Substitute coconut milk or almond milk
- Add Protein powder. Add a scoop for more protein. Try using vanilla protein powder with frozen strawberries and almond milk.
- Add healthy fats such as avocados
- Try adding a tablespoon of peanut butter
Tips for the Best Smoothie:
We prefer milk because we like it creamy but you can also use coconut water, orange juice, water, or apple juice
Add the liquid in first and then add in fruit. Blend the ingredients then add in the ice. If your fruit is frozen then you may not need as much ice.
Bananas that are ripe will taste the best. These are the bananas that are turning dark and may get a little mushy.
Freeze the bananas. Before you do, slice them into chunks. This way you can easily take a portion of the banana instead of having to use the whole thing.
You may need to add more liquid or ice depending on the consistency that you want. Continue blending until smooth.